KABTech maintains the following Key Commitments:
- Act in a fair, reasonable and responsible manner in all dealings with subscribers;
- Ensure that all services and products meet the specifications as contained in KABTech’s licences and all the relevant laws and regulations;
- Not unfairly discriminate against or between subscribers on the basis of race, gender, sex, age, religion, belief, disability, ethnic background or sexual orientation;
- Display utmost courtesy and care when dealing with subscribers;
- Provide subscribers with information regarding services and pricing;
- Where requested provide subscribers with guidance with regard to their customer needs;
- Keep subscribers’ personal information confidential; and
- Advise consumers of their right to refer complaints to ICASA.
Consumer Rights Subscriber rights in terms of the services that KABTech provides include (without limitation) the right to:
- Be provided with the required service without unfair discrimination;
- Choose the service provider of their choice;
- Receive information in their preferred language;
- Access and question records and information held by the service provider;
- The protection of the consumer’s personal data, including the right not to have personal data sold to third parties without the permission of the consumer;
- Port a number in terms of applicable regulations;
- Lodge a complaint; and
KABTech is a proud member of the following associations that govern the Electronics Communications Industry as well as the Wireless Operators in South Africa. As a member, we abide to their code of conduct.
ISPA: The Internet Service Providers’ Association is the Industry Representative Body in terms of section 71 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 on 20 May 2009.
WAPA: Wireless Access Providers’ Association is a collective voice for independent wireless operators in South Africa.